The German Aerospace Center and ISU Enhance Cooperation
At the occasion of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC17) event in Adelaide, Australia, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the German Aerospace Center, DLR, and the International Space University, ISU on 27 September 2017.
The memorandum was signed by Prof. Dittus, representing DLR, and Prof. Peeters, representing ISU. Several points of cooperation were formalized, such as:
- Sending of DLR experts to give lectures in the ISU programs,
- Possible detachment of DLR staff to ISU,
- Fostering the opportunity to conduct research projects of mutual interest and to participate in joint research endeavors,
- Provision of internship possibilities for ISU students in DLR,
- Support DLR employees in finding funds for participating in ISU programs,
- Supporting ISU to obtain academic recognition in Germany
The majority of these points were already actively pursued. The signature of this MOU will no doubt solidify this process.
Press Release can be found under - http://www.isunet.edu/pages/press-releases