Election of Alumni Representative
Become or select the next ISU Alumni Rep!
The time has come to elect your next Alumni representative to the ISU Board of Trustees.
How does the election work?
The election process starts now –
• With the selection of the nominees, respecting the rotation scheme by geographical zone (elections take place every three years). This time the nominees must be from Asia. As usual, all ISU alumni worldwide have the possibility to suggest nominees and then to elect their representative.
What are the responsibilities of an alumni rep?
• Attend ISU Board of Trustees meetings twice a year. The Board of Trustees determines ISU's overall objectives and oversees the University's affairs. The current membership can be consulted here: http://www.isunet.edu/blog/staff/governance
• Collect ISU alumni’s feedback and suggestions
• Support the ISU alumni associations worldwide
• Encourage fellow alumni to become ISU ambassadors
You will find below in alphabetical order the list of nominees for the position, with their LinkedIn profile so you can have a better idea of who they are.
• Don’t forget to mention also your own name and the ISU program you attended so that we can validate your vote.
• You have until Monday 10 December 2018 (included) to cast your vote.
Bahiya Al Shuaibi (SH-SSP17), Oman
Aviram Berg (SSP18), Israel
Shripathi Hadigal (MSS12), India
Rei Kawashima (MSS96/SSP94), Japan
Mohamed Makthoum (MSS16), India
Halit Mirahmetoglu (SSP07-MSM09), Turkey
Shrrirup Nambiar (SSP15), India
Daniel Rockberger (MSS06), Israel
Mansoor Shar (MSS15), Pakistan
Chrishma Singh-Derewa (SSP12, MSS14), India: no LinkedIn profile
Jagannatha Venkataramaiah (SH-SSP11), India
Fenglei Wu (MSM11), China
Eryi Xu (MSS16), China
Soyeon Yi (SSP09), South Korea
We kindly ask you to indicate your name, ISU program attended and year of attendance in your message, to help us identify you. Please also make sure to contact us using either your ISU community email address, or the email address you used to register when you originally applied for ISU.
Thank you for your time - We look forward to having you take part in this important election!
Warm regards from Strasbourg,
Nassim Bovet (MSS01)
ISU Head of Admissions and Alumni Affairs
ISU BOT ALUMNI REP – ELECTIONS GUIDELINES 2018
Historically for this election, a geographical rotation scheme (every 3 years) was agreed upon and put in place by the ISU Alumni associations themselves in order to ensure that the ISU Alumni rep would not always come from the same geographical zone, while still taking into account the ‘’density’’ of alumni in each geographical zone.
For the 2018 election, Asia is the designated geographical zone, so the BOT alumni rep (and therefore all the nominees) must be a citizen of a country which is part of Asia (which by the way includes the Middle-East region, but excludes Oceania).
However as usual, all alumni worldwide can propose nominees from the designated zone and then vote for the nominee of their choice.
The 2018 election process will take place as follows:
- 21 November 2018: Call for nominees sent to all ISU alumni and posted on ISU Social Networks
- One week later: Announcement of the nominees and call for elections with votes to be made by email (for identification purposes, alumni should send their vote using either their ISU community email address or the email address they originally used to apply for ISU)
- Another week later: Vote counts and announcement of the new rep if he/she has received more than 50% of the votes, or second round if needed (lasting one additional week) with the two candidates who have obtained the highest number of votes